Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

A very nice thing happened to me this morning.

My phone fell out of my trouser pocket while I was on the bike, rushing to work, right in front of Cantonment Station – and I didn’t notice.

A man chased me on the bike for some distance, just to tell me this - and when I screech to a halt, park the bike, and run back fully expecting the phone to be smashed into small pieces in that heavy traffic, or stolen, an auto driver stops and asks me if I was looking for the phone – and he points to the young man who had picked it up from the road before it got run over by vehicles, and was waving to me from a distance, walking towards me.

And so I got back the phone, intact, un-stolen, un-smashed, thanks to these three random people on the road.

There is hope for us, if such things still happen, I would like to think. Though much is taken, much probably abides.

No comments:

Blog Archive