Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Secret Garden




















Colby: If you have two lives
           Which have nothing whatsoever to do with each other
           Well, they're both unreal.

           ..It's simply the fact of being alone there
          That makes it unreal.

Lucasta: Can no one else enter?

Colby:  It can't be done by issuing invitations.
            They would just have to come
            And I should not see them coming.
            I should not hear the opening of the gate.
            They would simply.....be there suddenly.
            Unexpectedly.

            Walking down an alley
            I should become aware of someone walking with me.
            That's the only way I can think of putting it.

Lucasta: How afraid one is of.....being hurt!

Colby:  It's not the hurting one would mind
            But the sense of desolation afterwards.

'The Confidential Clerk', T.S.Eliot

7/2/1988, Sunday

No comments:

Blog Archive