Friday, August 12, 2011

Fred Martin


















Fred Martin is a French friend of mine, a very creative person fascinated by the human face, impressions in mud, snow, salt pans, and shadows - to mention a few of his many interests. When I first met him in Bangalore, he was getting people to stick their faces in wet clay and making masks for them from the mold :)   (I got one made too, though mine broke because I laughed when he pushed my face into the clay:))

Here are some of his latest installations, where he has created these beautiful giant faces on a wooden structure, they seem to me like boat-faces :) 


In this one, he has made clay masks of the faces of the people in a village, and installed those faces in a pond there - they stand out like water lilies - brilliant! His art is inclusive, invites ordinary people to be part of it, I love that.



He also sketches and paints during his travels - http://lescarnetsdefred.blogspot.com


The photo is taken from Fred's blog, he has all rights to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive