Sunday, August 28, 2011

He knows - or maybe even he does not!


"Ali said: None may arrive at the Truth until he is able to think that the Path itself may be wrong."

from 'Thinkers of the East, Studies in Experientialism'. Page 38. Idries Shah
 
And a friend sends these brilliant responses to my excerpt Doubt is not paralysis. Certainty is.:


"...I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing - I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things. But I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here......

But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose." (This is the state I am currently in, so I can totally relate to this statement :))

 

From the Nasadiya Sukta - the Creation Hymn:

“After all, who really knows what happened and who can presume to tell it? What is the origin of creation? For even the Gods themselves are younger than it. 

He, whether he created it or did not, He who surveys it all from the highest heaven, He knows - or maybe even he does not!" 


No comments:

Blog Archive