Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's not happening to you

Conversation overheard in the lift. Two girls, dressed for partying, who got off at the floor where the pubs are. One of them is complaining about her boyfriend who does not want to watch horror films.
The other one says, "A lot of people find horror films disturbing."

She replies, with a sneer, "Well, it's not happening to you, why can't you just watch it?"

The state of the world, explained to you, in a second. "It's not happening to you."

"First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me."

Martin Niemoller

No comments:

Blog Archive